In This Section
FODER (Forêts et Développement Rural)
FODER are located in Yaoundé, Cameroon and work with forest communities in the country especially in relation to monitoring of forest activities, corruption and governance.
Together we are working with FODER on:
- Participatory Mapping
- Land and Resource Rights of Forest Peoples
- Processes related to land planning (zoning, land reform)
The main objectives of FODER are:
- Contribute to environmental protection and sustainable management of natural resources;
- Fight against all forms of discrimination and marginalization;
- Contribute to the improvement of living conditions of people in rural areas;
- Contribute to the improvement of policies and laws on focus areas (environment, forestry, agriculture and fisheries, health, education, water and energy, etc.);
- Strengthen the capacity of FODER and grassroots organisations;
- Develop partnerships and raise funds for our mission.
Their vision: A society without exclusion or discrimination, using natural resources for sustainable development
Their mission: To create an enabling environment for sustainable development through actions to ensure justice and equity, human rights and democracy, transparent, participatory and sustainable management of natural resources, conserve biodiversity, and enhance quality of life and the environment.